Online Application and Purchase of Insurance Contract (Insurance Policy)
1. Generali Insurance AD, registered with the Trade Register at the Registry Agency under Company ID: 030269049, having its headquarters and registered address at 68 Knyaz Al.Dondukov Blvd, Sofia. Insurance Permit No. 1 of March 26, 1998, always represented jointly by every two of the members of the Managing Board and Executive Directors or their explicitly authorized representative.
2. CLIENT (within the meaning as defined hereunder) includes, when an online application order is submitted, full ames/company name, address, national identification number/company ID,
I. SUBJECT MATTER AND DEFINITIONS
(1) ONLINE.GENERALI.BG SYSTEM at the following virtual address www.online.generali.bg is an Internet-based system (platform) for online application and purchase of insurance policies.
(2) CLIENT is a natural person or legal entity, which applies for purchase of an insurance policy via the functionality of the
ONLINE.GENERALI.BG SYSTEM, whereby insurance premium shall be due and payable by the CLIENT to the INSURER.
(3) INSURANCE POLICY is a form of conclusion of an insurance contract by and between the INSURER and the CLIENT.
(4) CERTIFICATE - written document / certificate of insurance contract
(5) ELECTRONIC ORDER is an online application for purchase of an insurance policy via the ONLINE.GENERALI.BG SYSTEM, where the CLIENT provides personal information and/or another insured’s information for the purpose of buying an online insurance policy.
(6) INSURANCE PREMIUM is the amount paid by the CLIENT to the INSURER against which the INSURER assumes the risk covered under the insurance policy.
II. PROCEDURE FOR ONLINE SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION AND PURCHASE OF INSURANCE CONTRACT
Art. 2. An application for purchase of an insurance policy submitted by the CLIENT shall be valid if the CLIENT has consecutively completed the following steps on the ONLINE.GENERALI.BG SYSTEM:
(1) Once the CLIENT has visited the electronic page of the ONLINE.GENERALI.BG SYSTEM on www.online.generali.bg , the system enables the CLIENT to choose a particular insurance product and to start the insurance policy online application process;
(2) To select the specific insurance product, the CLIENT clicks on the button on which the name of the insurance product appears in the Navigation Menu. Once the product is selected, the CLIENT clicks the “Get a quote” button and the system automatically displays the Step 1 section: “Calculation of Primary Premium”;
(3) In the “Terms & Conditions” section the CLIENT is provided with pre-insurance contract information according to the requirements of the Insurance Code;
(4) In the “Calculator” section the CLIENT enters required details whereupon the CLIENT is provided with a basic calculation of
the insurance premium applicable to the insurance product so chosen;
(5) To move to the next step of its online application, the CLIENT clicks the “Next” button whereby the “Data Entry” page automatically displays where the CLIENT enters/fills out the fields displayed by the system;
(6) In order for the insurance policy to be valid, the CLIENT has to make sure that all data is accurately and completely entered.
Getting a personal quote for the insurance product chosen is thus guaranteed. If the data entered is untrue, incomplete and/or inaccurate, the CLIENT will be unable to move to the next step in the online application process, namely the “Preview” page, including if any of the address(es) and/or telephone number(s) provided by the CLIENT are inaccurate, untrue or ncomplete;
(7) The CLIENT may thoroughly review its insurance application order in the “Preview” page. To move to the next step, the
(8) Once the “Method of Payment” button is clicked, the CLIENT enters all required details in order for
the payment to be effected, and then the CLIENT confirms its choice so made. At the final step, the CLIENT receives confirmation that its online application order has been successfully submitted.
(9) The INSURER shall not be liable for incorrect information filled in by CLIENT during getting its quote.
ІІІ. ONLINE APPLICATION ORDER ACCEPTANCE
ІV. INSURANCE PREMIUM. METHOD OF PAYMENT
Art. 4. All insurance premiums for the insurance products offered by the INSURER via the ONLINE.GENERALI.BG SYSTEM are quoted in BGN (Bulgarian levs). Tax at the rate of 2 percent is levied on the insurance premium in compliance with the Insurance Premium Tax Act upon receipt. Besides the tax due subject to the preceding provision, the CLIENT is required under the ompulsory Motor Third Party Liability Insurance to pay, together with the premium, the value of the sticker under Art. 10 of Regulation No. 49 of 16 October 2014 on Compulsory Insurance Motor Third Party Liability and "Accident" of Passengers in means of public transport as well as the fee payable to the Guarantee Fund. All amounts due by the CLIENT together with the premium appear in a separate field in the Insurance Policy.
Art. 5. The Insurance Premium along with the amounts due shall be paid by choosing one of the following methods:
For Motor Third Party Liability - debit or a credit card, issued on the name of the insurant; bank transfer or by courier delivery service - payment on delivery or through payment system of ePay.
For Travel Insurance, Accident Insurance and Household Insurance - debit or a credit card, through payment system of ePay.
V. INSURANCE POLICY DELIVERY
Art. 6.1 Once the online application order for Motor Third Party Liability is successfully submitted to the ONLINE.GENERALI.BG SYSTEM, the INSURER shall provide information about the insurance policy at the e-mail address submitted by the CLIENT. No information received under the preceding provision may constitute an insurance policy.
Art. 6.2 After successful order of online Travel insurance, through “online.generali.bg” system, the INSURER sends e-mail, to e-mail address, provided by the CLIENT, with an insurance certificate, Terms and conditions and insurance policy. The received from the CLIENT insurance policy and the attached documents have the effect of an insurance contract. The CLIENT may print the insurance policy by paper, especially in cases where it may be necessary to verify this fact to third party.
Art. 6.3 After successful order of online Accident insurance, through online.generali.bg system, the INSURER sends e-mail, to e-mail address, provided by the CLIENT, with an insurance certificate, Terms and conditions and insurance policy. The received from the CLIENT insurance policy and the attached documents have the effect of an insurance contract. The CLIENT may print the insurance policy by paper, especially in cases where it may be necessary to verify this fact to third party.
Art. 6.4 After successful order of online Household Insurance, through online.generali.bg system, the INSURER sends e-mail, to e-mail address, provided by the CLIENT, with an insurance certificate, Terms and conditions and insurance policy. The received from the CLIENT insurance policy and the attached documents have the effect of an insurance contract. The CLIENT may print the insurance policy by paper, especially in cases where it may be necessary to verify this fact to third party.
Art. 7.1 The insurance policy in MTPL shall be personally delivered to the CLIENT through courier service at the expense of the INSURER.
Art. 7.2 The insurance certificate in Household Insurance shall be personally delivered to the CLIENT through courier service at the expenses of the INSURER.
Art. 8. The insurance policy shall be personally delivered to the CLIENT against furnishing a valid identity document. The CLIENT is required to affix their handwritten signature to the policy and all accompanying documents (if any) in the presence of the representative of the specialized courier delivery service. In the event that the CLIENT fails to receive personally the delivery at the postal address provided by it or otherwise fails to arrange that the delivery is duly received within the period of delivery, the INSURER shall be relieved of any further obligation to deliver the policy.
Art. 9. Тhe INSURER will assist each CLIENT from a delayed delivery of a MTPL, entrusted to an external supplier. If a delay in delivery occurs, the CLIENT shall notify the INSURER as soon as possible at the following e-mail address: email@example.com .
VІ. RIGHT TO CANCEL VALID INSURANCE POLICY
Art. 10. Under Art. 12, par. 1 of the Online Delivery of Financial Services Act the CLIENT may cancel an insurance policy purchased through the ONLINE.GENERALI.BG SYSTEM within 14 days as of date of conclusion thereof.
Art. 11. Insurance policies related to travelling, luggage or other short term insurance covers having period of insurance shorter than one calendar month may not be cancelled under the preceding provision.
Art. 12. When the CLIENT exercises its right to cancellation under Art. 12, par. 1 of the Online Delivery of Financial Services Act, the CLIENT shall be obligated to pay such a portion of the insurance premium which is due and payable for the prorated days during which the INSURER assumed the risk covered if no insurance event had occurred, including the insurance policy administration costs.
VІІ. RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
Art. 14. The INSURER shall use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that all data and information held in the ONLINE.GENERALI.BG SYSTEM is always accurate and updated.
Art. 15. The INSURER makes no warranty that there will always be uninterrupted, timely, secure and error-free access to the ONLINE.GENERALI.BG SYSTEM as far as it is beyond the INSURER’S ability, control and will. The INSURER may not be held liable for failure to provide access to the ONLINE.GENERALI.BG SYSTEM or for failure to process or untimely processing of online applications in case of occurrence of events beyond its reasonable control such as force majeure, accidents, World Wide Web troubles or failures in delivery of online services beyond the control of the INSURER.
VІІІ. PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION AND PROCESSING
Art. 16. The INSURER will process the personal data provided by the CLIENT in accordance with the requirements of the Bulgarian legislation in force and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU)2016/679
ІХ. USE OF "cookies"
Art.17."Cookies" are representing a small file containing information about the use of a site of the current computer. File is kept on hard disk of your computer or temporarily, for the duration of your visit, or sometimes for longer periods, depending on the types of "cookie"."Cookies" are performing certain functions (including to distinguish you from other users on the same website or to memorize certain information related to you) and are used by most sites to facilitate your browsing. If you remove or deny the use of "cookies" its functionality will be affected and this could lead to some difficulty in navigating the website and some of its functions may become unavailable.
ІХ. FINAL PROVISIONS
Art. 19. The INSURER reserves its right to amend Terms and Conditions to the offered by it insurance products, anytime by publishing such amendments in a timely manner on its website at online.generali.bg along with an appropriate announcement of amendments hereto.